Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 2 - So far, so good.

I'm enjoying the end of my day, and although there have been a few hiccups, I think the pre-cooking and pre-planning helped to move things along.  I kept my meals really simple, with some cream cheese cupcakes for 2 of my meals, and some Shirataki Chicken Carbonara for the other two meals. Hop over to www.nuttyabouthealth.com for the cupcake recipe.

Try the cream cheese cupcake recipe from Nutty About Health!

The shirataki noodles are a great find for me. In Toronto, you can get them at T & T Supermarket, or in Kensington Market at Essence of Life. They have 20 calories and 3g carbs per 1/2 bag, last a really long time in your fridge, and cook up really well.  They do have a few drawbacks, the first and most obvious being that they smell like old socks when you first open the bag. 

For the love of FSM, rinse and boil your Shirataki noodles!

 I rinse and drain the noodles 3 times, then boil for 3 minutes before adding the sauce and eating. (Trust me, this makes a difference.)  The other drawback is that the noodles have a little more "chew" on them than regular noodles, which I think for most people will not be a big problem.

For the sauce I was lazy. I cooked up and shredding some chicken breasts on Sunday to keep in the fridge and use for the next few days. I threw 1/2 a breast into President's Choice Carbonara Sauce, covered it an nuked it for 2 minutes while I finished cooking the noodles, then mixed it all together and fell into a bacony/chickeny/cheesy coma. It was pretty delicious, so much so that I went out and bought more chicken for this week so I could have it a few more times.

Now I am sitting at my desk trying to type for as long as I can, as I am trying to not work out. I really, really don't want to at this point in the evening, so I am fighting the guilt of not going to the gym for almost 2 weeks, and the exhaustion that is racking my brain and body. (And I wonder why I am so unhealthy! Whether or not I realize it every time, I am pretty sure I do things like this a lot!!)

I will have to post tomorrow so you can find out which way my brain and I decided to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment